Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Enduring dissapointment

Hey, all. I'm back from a few days in NYC visiting my very good friend. We ate delicious popovers and strolled in riverside park. It was delightful.
Today, I'm planning to go running, meet another friend for coffee and have Indian carry-out for dinner (my favorite!)
Unfortunately, I got two pieces of disappointing news today. I was rejected from a program that would have allowed me study in Russia this summer for FREE. I also received a grade in a course that was by no means bad, but I would have liked to have done better.
Really, it's not that big of a deal, but I am feeling a little down about it. It can be difficult to endure the minor disappointments in life, because sometimes they seem too frequent. It helps to put everything in perspective. What with the recent Tucson shootings and the anniversary of the earthquake in Haiti, I have to try to get over my personal let-downs and focus on those people's sufferings.
Still, I'm frustrated.
(Did you know there's no word for 'frustrated' in Russian?)

No comments:

Post a Comment