Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Wrap-up and Today's Run

I didn't run Friday or Saturday (Christmas Eve and Christmas Day) but I had planned on running yesterday (Sunday). But then I was presented with a ticket to see South Pacific at the Kennedy Center with my family, so I happily chose that over going on a run. It also meant spending an extra day with my cousins - and watching Love Actually, which is one of my favorite movies.
The holidays were wonderful. On Christmas Eve, we had some cooking fiascos and didn't eat until 9, but dinner was delicious. We watched a movie, chilled in front of the fire and had brownies for dessert! The next morning we had a beautiful waffle and berry brunch after opening presents. My dad got me an under-armour top, which will be perfect for the race this Saturday. Later we drove to my Aunt and Uncle's house for Christmas dinner. It was a great weekend, and it even snowed on Christmas morning!
Today, I made myself get out of bed and go to the gym. I ran 25 minutes, walked 5 minutes and then headed home for a much-needed shower and some breakfast. I'll spend the day resting and reading - and I heard talk of going out to dinner tonight! Hopefully that happens.
The 5K is Saturday. I'll probably train tomorrow and Wednesday, and do a very short & light run on Friday. Then I'm off to Colorado for a week of skiing! I'll need a break from running by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment