Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 2. Slightly shorter, slightly easier.

So I did the morning run thing again this morning. Woke up a little earlier to eat half a cliff bar (cool mint flavor - with caffeine added!) and to drink some water. Wore fewer layers on top, and more on the bottom which seemed to keep me at a more comfortable temperature. Also, I switched to my other running shoes. My feet didn't hurt as much after the run as they did yesterday, but that could have been because I didn't run as long or because they weren't as tight.

I did a little under 2 miles today. I'm hoping to get up to 3 or 3.5 when I get to the gym (where there won't be a wind chill in the single digits!). First I have to renew my membership. I'll be doing that this afternoon.

Although my pace was still slower than I'd like it to be, I'm going to focus on the positives of today's run. Like yesterday, I didn't need to walk or stop at any point and the course was hilly again. I'm also proud of myself for running in the morning! I've really never been a 'morning runner' but I would like to be. It's the easiest time to fit in exercise. However, I think I'm going to take a few days off from morning runs, because my skin can't take another day in a row of the wind burn. Also, running in the cold (and it's like 20 degrees here) makes it easier to get injured.

My left quad feels a little sore, so I'm going to take it easy the rest of the day. I might do yoga this evening, if I get my gym membership renewed. Until then, I'm going to EAT EAT EAT. I want to make sure I'm replenishing my energy supply. I ate a good breakfast, but I'm thinking french toast for a late lunch? Yum. Perfect for a frigid day like today.

Tomorrow, I'll either take the day off or try to do a longer run at the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment